Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Muzaffarabad aur manzar!

Its not always that I fall prey to writing imprompto yet, right now I feel nothing else to do. The inhibitions and negativity within me might have subsided towards the neutral gear. Right now, I am the uncrowned king of ecstasy-land.
The memories of an unplanned, spontaneous and impulse-driven trip to northeastern highlands of the land of pure, have steered me through monotonous life of the machine, away and then back. I was part of a 2 day detour to Muzaffarabad.
Much to my remorse the road trip was anything but fun. The emetic potential of zigzag road to city was actively high and thus, took some heavy mental toughness to keep-in the contents of my stomach within, from gettin without. While the co--passengers were spilling the vomits in plastic bags, I tired to mull over the slave life that Nicholas Taleb says which I tend to live.
Nonetheless I reach the city from the capital in about 4 hours and secured plus hungry stomach. The city was an absolute delight in matter of climate if kept in comparison with Lahore. The people are marvelous and the manzar of the city is a gem!
As I reached at night I got to view the city from top, illustrated as reflective sky on land formed by settled fireflies beaming from everywhere.
Adventure was compassionately accommodated by a hospitable friend, for me and another colleague of mine.
A city where Neelam river flows from one end and Jhelum river flows from another, its just awesome to sea them both converge at Domail Bridge.
The city is tourist delight, with historic places like the Red Fort, the scenic view of a city wrapped around two different colour rivers under the mist of mountains cover with clouds and the river rock floored bazaars to roam around, plus not to forget the snow capped mountain top shrine of Pir Chinasi.
Yet the government was not as efficient as the nature itself, the city was subjected to a routine of loading shedding every hour.
Nonetheless these were wholesome two days with a pinch of Capital's centaurus mall in it on the way back.
Below are some of my shots from the trip:

The view of Muzaffarabad at night from up top

Some wornout wooden chairs at the Red Fort

Chai aur Pakoray, as tea seemed to suit more in the cool weather of the city 
View of the mountains capped with snow clouds in the morning.



Interesting vandalism of public sign boards on road.... speed limit: Jiye Bhutto!

The night stay at Muffarabad View Motel

The night glow of the Motel

The morning reflection of the city evident from the image superimposed of the glass screens

The zigzag roads snaking through the mountains

Redefining DIET at Centaurus mall


The morning view from the Motel's window

The beautiful down alley of the bazaar sprinkled over with dizzle

The ever-lightened-up Metro station of rawalphindi-islamabad
Motel website for Booking, Muzaffarabad View Motel, MVM: http://mvm.com.pk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Direction aur Lassi!

The road you take, may define, your fate, but you may have to chose one, first. Before I start, I must state that I am not superior or infer...